Monday, August 31, 2009

your rwanda blog is unupdated

cries the cacophony of disappointed blog readers.

That's because there's not a whole lot to report. I've got about four months till departure, and that feels a little too far out to be focusing all my effort on this, but not far enough to be letting it move into my peripheral vision. I'm working at MLVS two mornings per week now, and it's been primarily observation so far. Hopefully this week I can convince Dr. Vic to let me help with some of the lessons; my lack of proactivity has been a hindrance so far and I know I need to get over it. I'd like to hold an office hour outside of class to get some one-on-one time with the students, but I'm hard pressed to find one reasonable hour per week that's regularly open on my schedule these days. We'll see.

I'm looking forward to getting out of this all-consuming limbo and reaching the two-months-to-go mark so I can start making real effort towards real plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment