Wednesday, October 14, 2009

just shoot me

Not sure why, but I am childishly excited about getting vaccinated. I just made my appointments today (I have to go in THREE TIMES because the damned rabies vaccine has to be spaced out just so). Thankfully, I got so close to moving to the DR that I have a good amount of shots taken care of already, but I still need:

yellow fever vaccine
meningitis (my most acute fear) vaccine
rabies vaccine series
polio booster shot
typhoid pill series
cipro doses (bleagh)
malarials

For the malarials, I have three options: one that will cost upwards of $1,000 for my two-year stay (so we can just strike that from the list), one that must be taken daily and that presents nausea, sunburn, and hormonal muck up in 20% of cases, and one that presents neuropsychological side effects (vivid dreams, anxiety) in 20% of cases. Hmm. I am pretty torn between those last two.

So tell me, friends, which would you rather have messed up: your stomach and skin or your brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment