Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Don't Want to Get Over You

Part 3 of 3: What I Hope to Bring Forward From Rwanda

early morning runs, and generally having a life before work in the mornings

making an event out of meals and lingering over them

patience

being happy with whatever comes to me, even if it's not even close to what I asked for

thinking about how much water I'm using and how to economize

listening to podcasts and the radio

African tea

diving right in with foreign languages and not being embarrassed when I mess up

fully appreciating the ocean

being terrified of something and not letting that stop me from giving it a go

making meals out of whatever I have on hand, and just generally making do with what's available instead of getting the perfect gadget to fit every need

taking rest when it's needed

occasionally having an electricity-free day and doing work by candlelight

traveling with no itinerary

figuring out what I love about my current life and then focusing on that while letting the not-so-great stuff fade into the background, thereby being happy wherever I am, instead of constantly wishing for somewhere else (thanks, Mum :) )

not closing my teeth all the way (see next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment